In recent months I’ve been investigating the Kano model, which is a way to plan and prioritise features of a product to better meet user expectations. After discussing with the team, we decided to try it out through the planning process for some upcoming EdWeb CMS features.
A couple of weeks ago we distributed a short survey to all EdWeb CMS users, and also invited participation from their colleagues who, while not using the system directly, are stakeholders in the management of University websites. In this post, I share the data collected, and provide a little commentary.
Yesterday at the Web Publishers Community, I gave a presentation in which I ran through how we manage to squeeze usability testing of the new CMS into each 3 week development burst. It was a preview of an event I’m running later in December which is now open for booking.
I presented yesterday on my recent work to identify what University staff would like us to prioritise as we begin to look at enhancing the website search tool. In this post, I’ll cover how and why I did it, and what the Website Programme will be doing with what I discovered.