Showcase of UX Service projects – join us 23rd July
We’re running another of our showcase events to highlight how the pilot User Experience (UX) Service is helping a wide range of projects get closer to their target audiences and make better decisions. Booking for Tuesday 23 July is now open.
This will be the fifth time we’re showcasing how user experience research and design techniques are helping colleagues across the University develop more useful, usable and appealing digital products and services.
Our sessions are informal, and organised to ensure lots of time to explore the work being done and ask the UX Service and their customers all about it.
We start with about 30-40 minutes of lightning talks covering a range of projects:
- UX Service update and introductions
- A summary of what the pilot service has achieved, and plans for ongoing provision
- Card services and the future of student identity
- We undertook a discovery project as part of Card Services’ innovation project to look at potential future states of student identity and use of mobile devices.
- EdWeb / Future Web Services
- Our corporate CMS, EdWeb, will be evolving over the next two years as it transitions to a new version of its technical platform, Drupal. We have been researching within the web publishing community and beyond to uncover what a future web service might look like.
- Our work with the Learn Foundations project has continued throughout 2018/19. In our last showcase we talked about research with students. This time we’ll summarise our research with teaching staff and learning technologists, and talk about the impact of regular rounds of usability testing.
- The University’s single sign in service, EASE, is undergoing a technical upgrade over the course of the summer. The main difference we’ll see as users is a switch to a two stage sign in process. The service team wanted to take the opportunity to bring the interface design back in line with EdGEL, and we’ve been helping ensure things are as usable as possible.
- Building a design system: embedding Digital Experience Standards in EdGEL
- We’ve been piloting an assessment process to help projects and services become more user-centred. This prototype service is being integrated with the latest evolution of EdGEL’s code and interface patterns, along with support and guidance for content designers.
Time to network and learn more
After the lightning talks, there will be over an hour to talk directly with speakers, explore the materials produced and network with other attendees.
It’s a great way to learn more about the goals of the projects, what they’ve learned, the UX techniques employed and what our customers and collaborators think about the UX Service.
Book a place
Places are limited so please book in advance.
When: Tuesday 23 July, 15:00 to 17:00
Where: Information Services, Argyle House, Floor E, Meeting Rooms 6/7 (See Argyle House location on map)