Learn how the new tuition fees content is working for prospective students
Join us in June to watch prospective students navigate the new tuition fees content to find key information, and then help prioritise the areas we should improve.
New tuition fees content
Earlier this month, we published a new tuition fees site and updates to the fees tables that hang off programme entries in the degree finder.
What we’re testing
Now that our new content is live, we will repeat the usability testing we did with prospective students at the 2019 Postgraduate Open Day to learn about what works well and where we can still improve.
Specifically, we’ll be looking to determine if postgraduate taught prospective students’ needs around fees and cost of study have been met.
Additionally, it’s a chance to test our design decisions we made with the new site, including:
- the revamped annual fee increase messaging on the degree finder fees tables
- the filter feature in the tables on the tuition fees site
What we’ll do
In the session on Microsoft Teams, we will:
- provide some background about the testing and the techniques we will use in the session (10 minutes)
- watch 3 videos on the fee finding experience (60 minutes)
- work together to pick out the biggest issues we see in the videos (20 minutes)
- use a quick workshop technique to give us a single master list of the most critical things we need to fix (30 minutes)
We’ll have a brief comfort break around halfway through the session.
Write-up of previous session
We ran an in-person session like this back in January. We’ll be following the same format but adapting it digitally.
Thank you for the session this morning, it’s a great opportunity to feed into this work
(Feedback from previous session attendee)
Book your place
The session will take place Monday 8 June, 10:00-12:00, over Microsoft Teams.