Author: Gayle Whittaker
Our design sprint challenge was to identify how we might make all funding opportunities findable and comprehensible to prospective students. We designed and tested a prototype concept to help us gauge how useful students find a new scholarship search facility and the presentation of the funding information.
Sprint 3 had us researching and designing potential new features to help prospective students estimate their cost of study. We tested whether students would value being able to calculate their total cost of study, if presented with a breakdown of costs – whether certain, variable or estimated.
We ran a design sprint to find out how we could enhance the digital experience for prospective undergraduate students by providing them with tailored content relevant to their fee status and stage in their prospective student journey.
Join us on Thursday 29 April at 10am to watch prospective postgraduates try out a design to customise their information for a future degree finder programme page.
In the space of a week we worked collaboratively to design and test a prototype degree search and filter function with students. In this post I summarise our findings for colleagues who couldn’t attend our research playback session.
Our research found clear entry requirements information is crucial to prospective students. But the way the University currently presents this information can be confusing and increases enquiries.
Join us on Wednesday 10 March to hear what we have learnt so far on entry requirements for undergraduate prospective students, and then help prioritise the areas we should improve.
On 29th September 2020 Aaron and I presented at the Web Publishers Community session to present the case study of our work in supporting this year’s undergraduate Clearing process.
We followed a human-centred, collaborative approach to meet the needs of the business and applicants for this summer’s Clearing campaign.
Following the changes we made to tuition fee content we conducted a round of usability testing to determine whether students’ needs around fees and cost of study had been met. In general, most tasks tested were completed with relative ease however several issues were highlighted that need addressing to improve the user experience further.