Coordinating our Covid-19 response to prospective student web content
We’ve been working hard to coordinate and improve the processes around Covid-19 content for prospective students. Our new workflow and transparent backlog will give you confidence that you’re referring to the most current information.
THIS BLOG POST COVERS ACTIVITY TAKING PLACE IN 2020.
We emailed the marketing and web student recruitment communities to share these details.
What we’re trying to achieve
We want to ensure that prospective students can find answers to their questions as easily as possible through the University website, while we respond to changing circumstances.
We really want to:
- encourage proactive and joined-up content management
- present the right content in the right places for incoming students
- monitor the impact of content improvements on our enquiry levels
What we’ve done so far
We’ve restructured the existing Covid-19 content for prospective students and implemented an online contact form to better channel enquiries.
This has allowed us to:
- gather analytics and enquiry data
- better understand user needs
- make content easier to find independently
Resources and process
We’ve created a suite of resources on the Communications and Marketing wiki to help us all manage the ongoing Covid-19 response for prospective students. If you need to engage with prospective students in response to Covid-19, please use our new wiki guidance.
- Purpose: It outlines the stages that each piece of content needs to go through before publication, and the people involved at each point.
- Benefit: It allows us to make sure that content meets student and business needs, is developed with the relevant experts, is written for the web, and is monitored for success.
Directory of content
- Purpose: It provides a single listing of all Covid-19 content for prospective students across our estate.
- Benefit: It allows us to keep track of the rapidly evolving content and acts as a simple resource for staff who are answering enquiries.
Visible backlog of work
- Purpose: It lists all the prospective student user needs, gathered from enquiry data, and categorises them by delivery area.
- Benefit: It allows staff to see what we’re working on and how content is being prioritised.
- Purpose: It lists all subject matter experts who are accountable for prospective student Covid-19 content across the University.
- Benefit: It ensures we work with the right people, review all of our content, and keep it up to date.
If you have any questions, or if your needs are not met by existing content, please follow the outlined process and get in touch with our team.
We’ll be talking through these new resources and processes at the Web Publishers Community session on Wednesday 29 July from 3pm.