Previewing new MyEd
A preview release of the new MyEd portal is now available to students at the University. This is the first step in releasing improvements to our community of users as well as providing opportunities for feedback.
We know from user feedback that MyEd can be confusing to use. As a tool that is used on a daily basis for common tasks, we needed to improve its overall user experience.
Without listing all the improvements, here are some of the main changes users will experience when they visit the preview, and when it replaces the existing interface:
- new homepage: The new MyEd homepage features the content that is used most often.
- menus, not tabs: Each piece of content displays in its own page, rather than lots of content being displayed on the same page. This makes it easier to focus on the specific content that you need.
- mobile: The new look for MyEd is designed for mobile first, making it easier to use on any device, wherever you are.
- favourites: Quick access to content important to you.
- vocabulary: Terminology that is understandable to students.
How this has been done
Colleagues from Websites and Communications (MyEd, Graphics and UX Service teams) and IS Apps in ISG have been working with students throughout the project to understand what they need MyEd to do and how they expect content and services to be presented. The following post explains some of this work in more detail.
The project team is continuing to deploy improvements and migrate content across to the new MyEd. Opportunities for staff to feedback on the staff experience will soon become available, followed by a staff preview, all while current MyEd continues to serve as the central portal.
During the summer (date TBC), the new interface will replace the existing service.
Find out more
Please contact the service team if you have any questions or would like to know more.