Welcome to the Edinburgh University Student’s Association Teaching Award Podcast Series. Working with the Edinburgh Hybrid Teaching Exchange to celebrate those that have been nominated and shortlisted for this year’s awards. In this episode, Grace Lavender Student Council Facilitator and 4th Year Religious Studies Student, talks with 2021 nominees Dr. Crispin Jordan, a Teaching Fellow with a focus on data analysis in Edinburgh Medical School: Biomedical Sciences and Dr. Glen Cousquer, MSc Programme Co-ordinator in The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies.
You can also learn more about how Crispin adapted his pedagogy to hybrid teaching and learning including his replacement of lectures with ‘live sessions’ and ‘practice problems’ in his Reflection on his nomination.
Links and Further Resources on the Topics Raised in this Discussion
- Podcast: Co-Creation in Hybrid Teaching and Learning (8 min)
- Mental Health in New Learning and Teaching Environments
- Teaching about sustainability through diverse and creative methods
- Flipped classrooms – an evidence-based reflection
- Applied Learning: ‘Working together on the COVID-19 indoor transmission review and publication’
- Approaching coaching: Should schools be providing psychological coaching to improve student well-being?
- Student voice on academic feedback
- Mini-Series: The Politics of Knowledge and Social Justice: Introducing Intercalating Medical Students to Interpretivist Epistemology
- Donna J Haraway
Grace Lavender, Student Council Facilitator and 4th Year Religious Studies Student
Music Provided by HookSounds