This resource is intended to help you to:
- Understand what a microaggression is
- Understand the effect of microaggressions on student wellbeing and participation
- Identify common forms of microaggression experienced by students from low socioeconomic backgrounds/working class
- Learn some practical ways to counteract microaggressions and create an inclusive environment for all students
- Find further reading and resources
This resource was created through a combination of existing research and interviews with students identifying as working class/low socioeconomic status at the University of Edinburgh.