Early Career Researchers and Graduate Students Conference 2021 – East Asia on the Move: Shifting Dynamics
The Scottish Centre for Korean Studies at the University of Edinburgh will hold the Early Career Researchers and Graduate Students Conference on East Asia on the 2nd and 3rd of September 2021. This is an online conference held on Zoom.
Link for registration and conference timetable is available at:
The conference is primarily aimed at PhD students, Postdocs, Independent Scholars and early career academics in any academic discipline who are undertaking research relating to East Asia, but students at any stage, academics, and anyone with an interest in research on East Asia are warmly welcomed to register to attend.
We are delighted to present the theme East Asia on the Move: Shifting Dynamics for our conference. In the past two centuries, East Asia has experienced significant economic, social and political changes. Against such profound geo-cultural, geo-economic and geopolitical shifts, the conference aims to shed light on these epoch-making changes and their impacts on East Asian societies through the interdisciplinary lens.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers include:
- William A. Callahan (Professor of International Relations, London School of Economics and Political Science)
- Bruce Cumings (Professor of History, University of Chicago)
- Namhee Lee (Associate Professor of Modern Korean History, University of California, Los Angeles)
- Rana Mitter (Professor of the History and Politics of Modern China, St Cross College, University of Oxford)
Additionally, we anticipate that presentations will be given which cover the below topics:
- East Asia technology, information and digital innovation
- Social movements and the state
- The new order: relations between and among East Asian countries and others
- East Asian pop culture: transcultural and transnational phenomenon
- History, memory, politics and society
- Inclusive research practice on education, language and health
Any questions in respect of any aspect of the conference are welcomed at firstname.lastname@example.org.