We are delighted to announce that thanks to a new agreement with BFI and JISC, the Library is now able to offer all UoE students and staff full access to the subscription-only film content on BFI Player. Our access to classic and cult films from across the decades will be for the rest of this academic year (2022/23) in the first instance.
To access the BFI Player and create your own viewing Account, please follow these 3 easy steps:
- Go to https://player.bfi.org.uk/academic/subscribe and create an account, OR sign in if you already have one by selecting ‘Already have an account? Sign in’
- Select ‘University of Edinburgh’ from the dropdown list
- Authenticate subscription using your university credentials
Make sure you tick the box ‘I’d like to receive the BFI Player newsletter’ for exclusive competitions, watchlists and other BFI opportunities via email. Please note:
- Once you’ve set up your subscription, you can simply login on BFI Player for the remainder of this academic year. You don’t need to use the subscribe link.
- BFI Player is unavailable outside the UK.
- Rentals and festival events are not included in the subscription offer. Content can change throughout the pilot and films could be removed.
Enjoy! Please report any problems to firstname.lastname@example.org
To see the full range of databases we currently have trial access to, take a look at the e-resources trials webpage.