Adding in other materials!

We were given a fabric pack in which had a lot of interesting fabric.

The fabric pack materials where very close textured and as i was looking at cell structures I wanted to introduce some loose textures more structured fabric. With this in mind I still wanted the fabric to be breathable and open. This contrast would work really well as the cells under the microscope are very chaotic and hurdled together were as if you look at the structures theres lots of lines and open spaces with a more structured pattern.

I found this incredible open fabric, i’m not even sure what the name is. Its delicate but open and extremely structured. I really love how open it is as you can layer it over different fabrics exposing colours and other patterns without the piece getting too clustered. I also really loved this white tulle. The tulle is really lightweight, its flexible and if you look closely its hundreds of little holes, linking really well to the microscopic cells.

These fabrics allow me to push my experimentation further by layering, trapping e.c.t How would they look on hard materials like the wood? could they provide a tactile element on the leatherette?

Previous

Innovative Designers!

Next

Biomimicry- repairing skin tissue using plant cells!

1 Comment

1. nadamson

I like the way you are bringing in your own fabrics and considering their questions towards the brief. I cant see your lovely fabric samples you showed me today and the video but you again had start to pull your theme into your material experimentation. Just make sure now you keep refining your actual design aesthetic and purpose and function