After going on a live walk and capturing audio, pictures and thoughts. I wanted to start bring some ideas together on how I want to map the soundscape so I  started creating a small sound collage with pen.

The pen really helped to merge the aspects of the drawing to replicate how sound merges together to create one overall atmosphere and mood.

Although the project is in it’s early stages, I really would like to create something like this on a larger scale, combining sounds together to create a finished pieces that will eventually look like many marks on paper, but when concentrating closely on each aspect, the individual sounds reveal themselves.

When drawing the sounds, I am not trying to draw what I know the sound is but rather what it could be or what it sounds like if I was to close my eyes. This will show the very specific focus on sound alone, I don’t want what I see to take part in how I create my piece.

After creating this small experiment, I do feel as though this could work as although there are only a few aspects to this drawing, they already seem to be blending well with one another so I hope that if I was to do this on a larger scale where I combine the sounds from the soundwalk, everything would blend together. Mapping the Soundscape.