Innovative Learning Week: Educational Design and Engagement Events
Innovative Learning Week will be held at the University of Edinburgh from February 16th to 20th. The Educational Design and Engagement Team (formerly Learning Services) decided to have events aimed particularly at Staff since most of the events are for students (and rightly so!).
We thought it would be interesting to hold a few lunchtime webinars using the University supported virtual classroom tool Blackboard Collaborate.
February 17th 13:00 to 14:00
This event is hosted by Robert Chmielewski and Stuart Nicol. It’s for those who are interested in inviting their students to review and comment on each other’s work online before or after it’s been submitted for assessment.
For more information on the event and to book please use the following link:
Extending the boundaries: How we are using virtual classroom spaces at the University of Edinburgh
February 19th 13:00 to 14:00
This event is aimed at Staff that would like to know more about Collaborate and how Collaborate is used within the University.
- Kelly Hall, Introduction to Collaborate including tour of features, access via Moodle/Learn/MyED
- Sharon Boyd, Associate Lecturer from the School of Veterinary Studies will discuss the activities she uses with her students on online distance programmes.
- Q & A
For more information and to book the event: http://edin.ac/15rZqSx
Other events being hosted by the Learning, Teaching and Web Division:
- “Shoot the Uni” – Photography Competition
- Open Courses with Open Resources
- Driving Seminar Room Technology
- Driving Lecture Theatre Technology
- What no Chalkboard? An Insight into Electronic Writing
- Women, Science and Scottish History – Wikipedia Editathon
- ILW 2015 Fair!