As a group, we maintain our own methodological and applied research portfolio. We also provide support to clinical trials run by the Edinburgh Clinical Trials Unit (ECTU) and a wide variety of health research projects run by the research groups that we collaborate with.
We have special expertise in:
- Using large healthcare data opportunities for economic analysis
- Economic analysis early in the product development lifecycle
- Methods for efficient research design to inform value-based technology adoption
- Methods for the economic evaluation of public health interventions
- Economic evaluation of biomarkers and personalised medicine strategies
We work with NHS, academic, charitable and industry collaborators. Our group draws on local strengths within Edinburgh, across Scotland and UK-wide to make use of rich public sector administrative linked data sources in collaboration with Information Services Division Scotland (ISD) and Public Health England (PHE). We are supported in this by expertise in informatics within the Usher Institute.
Current Health Economics Projects
Allocative Efficiency in End of Life Care, CORECT-R, Eribulin Audit, SATURNE, Shared decision making in secondary breast cancer
Current clinical trials with a Health Economics component
Cardiac Care, ELVIS Kids, SCOT HEART2, HOT2, PIB CAP, MSS3