At last Thursday’s program meeting, we discussed each person’s role in the program. Firstly, we wrote out the responsibilities and requirements for each role. Then, we each wrote out our best roles and skills individually. We were then all assigned to different roles, with some of us being assigned to separate roles within multiple organisations. The role I have currently been assigned that I am most interested in is that of education and engagement coordinator.

Even though I only have one role, I see the importance, so I need to spend more time getting to know each person’s respective projects. I think I need to discover the connections and differences between their curatorial content. Also, we asked some questions.

Could an education or events program hold some of the projects?

Workshops online or offline on digital design, crafts workshops.

Making workshops?

As our ‘platform’ has not yet been discussed and established, it is currently difficult to know exactly what each role needs to do and how it will work together, as there are crossover and overlapping parts to the work of each of our roles. Although each individual role has its own tasks, I would say that working together is very important for our project.

The role of “coordinator of education and participation” is indispensable because our project has an educational mission and an educational turn, which is a very important mission for us as curators. At the same time, I am aware that our projects are curated as knowledge production. I imagine that I need to study the educational implications of different projects, how these projects translate into educational events and activities.

For me, the next program meeting needs to find out what each group member has planned for their individual projects, as this will be where we start to think about how the program? as a whole will be coordinated. Hopefully our next meeting will be close to where we want to be.