Following my last post on ongoing craft education options, I have collected some relevant craft projects in the community for educational activities as a second step in my curatorial project research. I will plan to do specific analysis and feedback on my own curatorial projects as I conduct my curatorial project research.

Theme: Craft & Community

key 1: 

Project: Craft & Cultural Conversations 2021

Communities have long been at the centre of craft; from guilds to communes, makerspaces to knitting circles. Craft makes communities and communities make craft, and strong craft communities can help tackle issues from a local to a societal level.  

Key 2:

Project: Emerging Maker Program 2021

Emerging Maker Program 2021 focuses on nurturing talent and equipping individual makers with the skills they need to create a successful, sustainable, resilient business and creative practice. From jewellery designer/makers to textile and ceramic artists, discover the seven makers taking part in this year’s program. 

Key 3:

Project: Arts & Sustainability: Artists’ Residency

To provide artists, who may or may not have previously thought about environmental sustainability in their practice, with the space and stimuli to consider how it might drive new ways of working. To nurture and build a creative community of practice which embeds environmental sustainability at its core.

Key 4:

Project: The Green Crafts Initiative

Makers and craft organisations based in Scotland are able to become members of the Green Crafts Initiative, which provides support and advice for crafts individuals and groups committed to reducing their environmental impact.

The following are the forms and visions of community education.