Name: Rui Shu

Project Name: Making and Learning – sustainable craft education

Description: I want to use the concept of ‘transnational’ curation to explain the ‘trans-regional’ platform for craft education. At the same time, I want to build a method of working on craft education projects through the development of friendship and care. As a curator, how can I incorporate friendship and care into my projects and craft course practice? Also, through my background knowledge of crafts in the Edinburgh area, I recently came across the magazine ‘craft’ article which represents my current interests. Also, through my background knowledge of crafts in the Edinburgh area, I recently read an article in the magazine ‘craft’ that represented my current interest. I think this project is like taking a risk and exploring the bridge between craft and audience. Working through interdisciplinary collaboration is a method that has allowed me to develop ideas and projects.

Location: “ECA Studio” and Youth groups club

Audience: Youth groups (12-16)

Dates / Duration:  the project is an offline event, lasting one month (4 classes, 1-2 hours on Saturday). The “ECA Studio” is the venue for the curatorial project. 

Craft lesson 1 / Kite Making

Craft lesson 2 / Collage Jewellery

Craft lesson 3 / Climate Coalition Heart Badge

Craft lesson 4 / Spinach Sun Prints