objects objects objects (and a leek)

Hi there! 

I am in a much better mood than the last post, Ive spent a week going for walks, slowly making things and cooking delicious food which has all round improved my outlook on life. I have got very much into researching ramp, or flowered wild leek, which is an invasive species in edi. I had a walk along union canal until we got to the aquiduct, then we decended to the lower level and got onto the waters of leith at slateford. after following the river int the lieth direction we came aross absolutly loads of wild leek. I picked a little bit and brought it home to make pesto. on my way home i went into a shop and found the most incredible piece of ginger.

also look at this pub that has half fallen into the river!

sooo, not only have i made possibly the most delicious pesto ive ever had, but also i have made a salt dough leek, coloured with wild leek.

I like like like this process. I say ‘hello this is wild leek, it is very much different to normal leek. it is invasive, and is killing off all the wild garlic. it was introduced by an estate (throwback to lawns/monocultures and how bad they are) and is not good. there is dialogue between wild and tame again, selective breeding applies to both cats and leeks, intresting to create the form of the cultivated variety with its ansestor.’

Imagine making a lifesize version of yourself from the ashes of your dead grandmother.

ecology is a mesh, it is irelevant and un-chaactirsable. I think again of the wild leek as having some kind of hauntology also, she is irrelevant in the frame of produce, but she still resides wild-ly on the banks of rivers, reminding us of where the leeks we get in the co-op come from. i don’t know, im finding this hard to articulate. 

I also made a weed leaf, lol. 

byeeeee