Students can access Turnitin Assignment Inboxes from course content pages in Learn. Turnitin assignments can be identified by the Turnitin logo to the left of the assignment.
- Click on the Assignment title. This will open a panel to the right of the screen.
- Select Launch to be taken to the Turnitin submission area
- Expand the Assignment Title to see further details, including important dates and submission settings
- Note that assignments cannot be submitted before the assignment start date, and may not be accepted after the due date and time set by the instructor.
- Select Upload Submission and give your submission a title. Select Choose File to locate and upload the file you wish to submit.
- Note that you can add a file from an existing cloud storage service such as OneDrive
- Select Upload and Review
- Review your submission, and only when you are happy that you have uploaded the correct file, select Submit to Turnitin.
- You will see a message appear towards the top of the screen which reads Submission uploaded successfully. Download Digital Receipt. Your digital receipt is proof of submission – keep this safe.
- You will also be emailed a digital receipt. Please check to ensure you have received this as this is your proof that you have submitted.
|Supported file types||Unsupported files|
|Microsoft Word® (.doc/.docx)||Image files|
|OpenOffice Text (.odt)||PDFs containing only images|
|WordPerfect® (.wpd)||Files over 40MB in size|
|PostScript (.ps)||Text files larger than 2MB|
|Hangul Word Processor (.hwp)|
|Rich text format (.rtf)|
|Plain text (.txt)|
|Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets via Google Drive|
You can re-submit any time up until the due date. You may also have permission to submit after the due date. Please note: if you have previously submitted prior to deadline, you will not be able to re-submit after deadline. If this is the case, please contact the teaching office to request they remove your earlier submission.
The resubmission process is exactly the same as the initial submission process described above.