LGBT+ History Month Events 2021
It’s that time again when we commemorate and celebrate LGBT+ history. Once again the Staff Pride Network team have put together another series of fascinating events on a range of topics, further details available on our EventBrite.
- 1st Feb: ‘Legal for 40 Years: A snapshot from someone who was there’
- Interview with lawyer Terry Munyard focused on his involvement on legalising homosexuality in Scotland (1st Feb 1981)
- 10th Feb: ‘Transgressions’
- An evening to share stories of what has happened when we are seen to cross a line or boundary, how this is seen as a transgression, what are the repercussions and how we have coped, complied, resisted or challenged.
- Collaboration with OurStory Scotland
- 17th Feb: The Role of Legal Activism in the Advancement of Trans Rights
- The Role of Legal Activism in the Advancement of Trans Rights & Current Challenges in the wake of the Keira Bell High Court Judgment
- Collaboration with GLASS network
- 22nd Feb: Creating equity in healthcare for LGBT+ people
- We invite you to join us for an informal discussion on what healthcare professionals should know in order to ensure equity in care to LGBT+
- 24th Feb: LGBTQ+ Trivia Night
- Collaboration with The STEM Village
- 25th Feb: Activism and the Future of HIV in Scotland
We are delighted that Schools and departments throughout the University have chosen to organise more events and have liaised with us to ensure communications are appropriate. Watch out for social media from UoE Sport & Exercise and an HCA event on 9th Feb https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lgbt-history-month-dr-molly-merryman-queer-voices-from-the-pandemic-tickets-133064687061 .
Happy LGBT+ History Month! We hope you can join us for one of our events.
Jonathan and Katie