Audiences and Clients
· If an artist you admire publishes their work as picture books or graphic novels, what publishing companies do they work with?
· She will work with children’s book publishers, e.g.Penguin Random House, Walker Books, Random House, The Bachelor’s Company, HarperCollins.
· What clients do the artists you admire work with? Are they magazines and other companies within the publishing industry? Who are the audiences that read those publications? Do they work with commercial companies, and if so who is the audience reached through that company?
· The artist has collaborated with CITIC Publishing House on the publication of illustrated books, with the well-known clothing brand Gucci on products such as clothing prints, and with the stationery brand Holbein on watercolour paints.
These products are purchased by fans of the artists themselves or fans of these clothing and stationery brands.
· If an artist you admire has an active social media account, how do they interact with their audience through it? Can you look through their profile to see how they have gained followers?
· The artist will update his daily routine and latest paintings on his ins, and fans will comment below, with a dedicated person from the artist’s studio managing fan feedback to respond. There will also be a separate account for the studio to update the artist’s latest products, allowing fans to get information on what to buy.
· What are the current opportunities open for illustrators like you to share your work and gain exposure?
· The most important thing is to participate more in illustration competitions and if you win, the competition organisers will promote it. The next step is to market yourself through social media, constantly updating your work on social media and gaining attention so as to build up awareness.