What have you learned from the other student’s sketchbooks?
- To experiment more with the effects of different materials, you can create without purpose in your daily life and keep accumulating painting experience.
- You can use painting to record your life, which is a different experience from writing a diary.
Has it made you consider different ways of using your own sketchbook?
- Different sketchbooks should be used for recording, either a small size book to carry around, or a large size book for collage or mixed media experimentation.
- They can also be categorised according to what is being recorded.
Did you see anything that made you think differently about how you develop your ideas, illustrations and visual style?
- You can experiment with acrylics. I like acrylics for small-scale work.
Has it made you want to experiment with new ways of working?
- wanting to go and collect some materials from life to work with and imagining when you get them.
- Use paint to draw in a book to encapsulate a scene from life or imagination.
- Instead of just going for a narrative, try abstract language to record your emotions.