Week4_Playtesting art assignment on Tuesday

In this Tuesday’s sprint learning process, we came into contact with the concept of art assignment.

And here we got a key topic:

The learning is what’s important, rather than the learning’s outcomes.

• Content review

We all finished the art assignments we needed to do last week, the process was we found an OER website first, it collected lots of art assignments for us to choose, then we started our art work with one of them. It sounds easy, right? But I suppose that whatever you output at last, you have must experienced a period of imaginative thinking about these art assignments. And the most important thing is remembering your logic and your innovative ideas among the processes.

At the beginning of the class, our Yellow Basho  were divided into 3 groups. We were asked to find an art assignment which our small group wanted to do. We chose ‘Learn To Love You More’ – #64: taught an exercise. And after doing this, we needed to think about can this art assignment be considered to enable or facilitate open learning?

In our small triad, we three thought about the opinion of OER, and we thought the topic we chose (taught an exercise) were exactly a kind of open learning. Kate made a toolkit about her daily workout, Yinan Lu made her daily school-routine, And I made a recipe of healthy breakfast by drawing on iPad (As shown below).

The second task was also about the art assignment, also in our own triad. We needed to return to the art assignment case studies after having discussion. In fact, I thought I made an easier but more meaningful work. I chose the art assignment named ‘create an art work from your painful memories’. And I draw an plastic bag with two hammers like the wings (As shown below). Because so far in my study abroad in Edinburgh, I think the most painful thing is the process of walking home with very heavy things from the supermarket. The heavy shopping bag will hit my leg like a hammer in the process of walking. When I get home, my leg will have bruises. So when it comes to ‘painful’, the first thing I think of is’ shopping bag hammer ‘! As there is no material in the class, I only do simple painting on my iPad, but I think it can be made into an interesting little device.

• Reflective analyze

1/ Among the requirements of this task, LTLYM requires that our tasks must be daily, inertial and personal. But it can also become a tool for public use. I think this task is an integration of toolkits. To a certain extent, everyone involved in this’ taught an exercise ‘has become a contributor to building the art assignment OER platform. However, our work also has limitations. In ‘taught an exercise’, there is a work that is a creative symbol. It has the universality that our work lacks, and more confirms the OER view. This is where I think we need to learn and make progress.

In this stage of learning, I think we not only used the thinking of Connectivism, but also started thinking about the content of critical pedagogy

2/ About my second art assignment, I suppose it was more like a fun device than a container of pain. The description of the art assignment also made me think that pain is the inspiration for artistic creation to some extent. Moreover, not only pain, but also any emotion or event may trigger the production of art. Artistic works with similar properties are labeled and put into the same OER ‘basket’ to form an integrated place of toolkits.