Yellow Basho-Week 4_In the open#Problem senario

Today we were learning about two key words: Open and Toolkits. The explanation of “Open” I suppose it is more like a movement or a statement, you can open or close something or just keep something opening so that anyone else could have the entrance to use some resources. And the meaning of Toolkist, actually, I don’t know whether my opinion was right. I thought it may be like collection or a drawer with lots of resources, and all of those could be used to “do” something or make up a handbook.

•  First part: to think about solving a problem scenario:

I have been just been commissioned to create an Artist’s Toolkit that is a comprehensive open educational resource (OER). I’ve been advised that I should avoid making assumptions about the learners that will use this Toolkit. Since I will only be paid when I complete the commission, I have very few resources at my disposal. How might I achieve this task?

In fact, our Basho was just doing an “understanding” of the scenario, but dit not really solve it.

After reading, I learnt that OER’s going to democratize learning and transform the classroom and teaching. The foundation plans to help pave the way for that transition and the white paper describes how we plan to accomplish this goal, it also need the research report.

I left the scenario problem until after class, and I was trying to figure out. How could we create an artist’s toolkit as the comprehensive open educational resource with very few resources at one’s disposal?

First, I think we should clear that what resources we exactly have, and the scope of application like whether  the resources can be used for commercial use.

Then, we should categorize existing resources. Find out which kind of resources we have most, and try to make this category as the main themes of the artist’s toolkit.

After that, we could build a “recipe” or a “handbook” by the existing resources in the certain themes. Meanwhile, we could also create else handbooks on the basis of the first recipe.

At last, when we finish our handbooks one by one, which means our comprehensive “open educational resource” – the artist’s toolkits has been built up.

• Second part: Open Learning & Modding

We were given the second task to add or close some elements in the major of  drawn from the city. It shows that we need to made the things what we want close or open. Our Basho were trying to understand the theory and then starting our practice. We put ourselves in the role of a student who was not enrolled in the university of Edinburgh, then we imagined what we would like to see on the website, even though last problem scenario host attempted avoiding making assumptions about the learners that will use this toolkit. We tried to think just from a organizer, but we had no idea. In order to avoid the narrow vision, we were pretending each of us on every stage of ages, and tried to figure out what we really wanted to learn from Drawn from the city.

After the discussion, we collected 6 elements which could be added on the website: (but finally we summed up  the 6 into 3)

1/ Videos of part of the class (the people who want to watch it need to pay)

2/ Art works of previous students (to show the output)

3/ Link of terminology (dictionary for more understanding)

Those are the parts we thought the page can also involve.

1 reply to “Yellow Basho-Week 4_In the open#Problem senario”

1. s2358907 says:

I think the blogger’s writing habits are very good and worth learning from