Some of my current weather data is hidden away on my internal current weather site. (To access this you have to be a University member and log in through EASE.) My current weather figures that are made available to the whole web are on this page.

METAR plots

• A plot of recent data from EGPH, the Edinburgh airport weather station.
  • A record of METAR data from Edinburgh at the times of the Met:W+C labs.

My rolling archive of weather charts

These charts are made from GFS analyses, downloaded from the CISL Research Data Archive There is a separate folder for each date, with a variety of charts. Once the day is complete there should be four of each sort of chart per day, for the times 0, 6, 12 and 18 hours GMT. All file names contain the date. The sub-folder “local” contains duplicates of charts from elsewhere on the web — these are only accessible to University members.

My rolling archive of back-trajectory plots

These plots are made using the FLEXTRA trajectory model, driven by NCEP GFS analyses. There are plots for all of the UK radiosonde launch sites, and for a few other locations. Each plot shows where the air arriving at the station came from. The dots on the curves are at 6-hour intervals.

Dunbar rainfall plots

Plots of the rainfall measured in Dunbar for the current month, the previous month, and the month before that.  There is also a summary bar chart of monthly totals. These plots get updated at random moments when I feel like it; see this blog post for more details.

Animations of vorticity and divergence

These are also made from GFS analyses, downloaded from the CISL Research Data Archive. The individual frames are in the rolling archive. There are separate animations for three levels:

Links to other sources of current weather data