Bodyshop, LUSH, L’OCCITANE, Kiehl or MAC user? Check out the recycling schemes on offer which can save you a pretty penny as well as help the environment!
- Body Shop recycling scheme Return Recycle Repeat encourages customers who return their used Body shop bottles (and jars or pots) to receive £5 off their next purchase up until Friday 31st October 2019
- LUSH encourages customers to save the black plastic pots that package Lush products including face masks, moisturizers, shaving soaps, body scrubs, and more. Bring in five of the pots to your local Lush store and in return you’ll receive a Fresh Face Mask of your choice, free of charge (Look out for the label which tells you what can be returned for a fresh face mask!)
- L’OCCITANE recycling program Refill, Recycle, Rethink Beauty offers customers to drop off their empty beauty and skin care products from L’OCCITANE or ANY BEAUTY BRAND at any of their L’OCCITANE boutiques, and in exchange they will receive 10% OFF a new full-sized product. Furthermore, in the fight against plastic, L’OCCITANE now offer Eco-Refills on many of their products, so fill your bottles not your bins!
- MAC is encouraging its customers to reduce waste with the Back to MAC recycling program. Collect six empty MAC product containers and in exchange you will receive a free lipstick! (MAC containers – Lipstick tubes, lash cases, blush compacts, eye shadow pots, foundation tubes and bottles, and skincare bottles all count). There’s an extra tier to Back to MAC, available exclusively to members of the MAC Select rewards program. It’s called Back to MAC Expanded, and it comes with a few added perks. When MAC Select customers return six empty containers, they can choose a lipstick, lip gloss, or single eye shadow of their choice, worth up to ~£14.
- Kiehl skincare giant, offers its customers a Recycle and be Rewarded program. For each empty, full-size container you bring in for recycling to a Kiehl’s store, you will receive one stamp. Once you’ve received up to 10 stamps, you’ll receive a free travel-size Kiehl product.
There are many more companies that can recycle your cosmetic and beauty containers, just without the discounts and freebies. TerraCycle® have joined forces with many big brands which offer Personal Care and Beauty recycling programs which allows you to post or drop off your empties. Below is a list of recycling programmes available and the information you need to know:
- Garnier’s Personal Care and Beauty Recycling Programme (accepts all brands)
- Burt’s Bees® Personal Care Recycling Programme
- Weleda® Plastic Recycling Programme
- ACUVUE® Contact Lens Recycle Programme (accepts all contact lens brands at over 600 Boots opticians’ stores and independent opticians in the UK)
Make sure to check out your favourite brand’s website to see if there’s a recycling program on offer and remember to share!