Different sculpture materials

When considering mushrooms and nature in general:

I was walking along a beach collecting urchin shells, which are extremely delicate. I collected around 20, was very careful with them, and only two made it home in once piece.

The beach this day was particularly stormy, it was extremely windy and the sea was rough. Yet these little delicate spheres had weathered that storm, made it through the tides to come to this resting point on the shoreline.

This led me to consider the fragility of nature, how when we take it from its original space, it instantly becomes in danger. When I thought of the mushrooms I have been looking at, and how so delicately tiny they are that one touch could crush them entirely, or turn them to their liquid state.

I am now thinking of ways to mirror this fragility and impermanence within my work, by making some mushrooms from:

• edible paper, as this is extremely delicate in itself and also, like mushrooms at the end of their time, the work will dissolve
  • icing, again it is fragile and not permanent and can be easily manipulated for the delicate parts of the mushrooms e.g the gills underneath
  • regular paper, again is delicate and could be seen as impermanent if left outside

Little Mushrooms handmade paper sculptures and dried flora image 7.       Meringue Mushrooms - Our recipe with photos - Meilleur du Chef

Could create the base for an interactive art piece. The addition of water/the effects of weather would shape this artwork and erode it as time goes on, could link back to the theme of women in society once again