I think learning varies a lot between disciplines, but learners have in common. I notice that Neil and Jake give different roles – learners. So, for me, under the arts, who are we learning for? What do learners learn for? What are their characteristics? How do we go about defining who can be a learner?

Also, how do we go about planning for learners who are, after all, different? I realise that this is a great question to think about. In my toolkit programme, I give clear rules about the age and background of the learners, just like the covenant in our Basho before. Of course, I will consider individual differences, and I think that a team needs to have some measures to balance it out.

I answer again to the topic I started with, who is the learner? I gave my example.” Amateur” – it’s not a job. It’s involvement for pleasure. At the same time, they are self-learning, and there are no fixed criteria to measure the results of their learning. In addition, I learnt other meaningful words. I was surprised at how many aspects learners can encompass. For example, with my workshops and art tasks, how do you go about inviting learners in different capacities to your activities. Other peers will definitely influence them. It’s a good idea. I found that the class showed different identities of learners in the different art tasks.