Week 8 (natural materials)

In this week, I developed and experiment with lots of different technique and material. From natural materials to recycle materials and man made material. They all have different properties: the develop of natural materials, the fresh leaf and flowers change while I was making them. With the reduce of water inside the plants, there color and shape start to change. This is an interesting thing that I found during the making process.
I firstly labeled some of the materials that I have found and analyze the possibility of the design of the jewelry.

the first material I have chooses for the natural material is the flowers and leafs. Working with these two materials, I need to be really careful during the process, because the petal of the flower is really fragile after take it from the root. I combined the flowers and leafs with a C shape wire which can wear it on the neck to form a necklace. I like the color of the flower change from light pink to dark purple, and the leafs changed from light green to dark green.

then I have selected another material which is dry nuts that grow in the garden. The reason I chooses this material because of its shape and surface. The nuts has a round shape with some thorn on it. Moreover, likewise the meteorite, it has a surface that is bumpy. This material is relatively easier while making the jewelry because it is already dry and fixed it’s shape.

according to the experiment of the last natural material—bamboo stick. I have considered several different possibilities of its form. After sketch down the composition of the necklace, I found the way of the strait line being tight together and form into another shape is really interesting. I used paper type to connect each sticks together.