Week 7–artist research

Finding artist that shows narrative in their design, I selected three designers that I like and felt interesting to discuss below.

The first jewelry I have chosen was designed the the designer Gunilla Grahn. According to the designer’s point of view, he compare himself with the pupa. He said: to look like a piece of jewelers I make myself very small. I dress the piece with my reflection of life. Pupa is the little doll you when you look deep into your, or anyone’s pupil.  In my pupa means the process of growing, which is also a process happen on everybody representing facing to the new me. Using this concept to design the brooch is very smart and meaningful.

the second designer I have selected is called Milena Trujillo, this piece of jewelry is a symbol of romantic. The design idea is based on desires of love and eroticism. The way of the designer form the flowers in to a heart shape and translate the beauty of the women to the viewers and thus awaken an eroticism or maybe fell in love. This is the magical of the visual language of this design.

This last design was made by Frederic Braham, when I first saw this piece of jewelry. My favorite painting—the screen. This portrait do not have eyes on it but it’s mouth opened wide like if the person was screaming and yelling, made me think he really struggled. The artist said his work is driven by attitude. What he did in this design is transfigure these attitude which places my work in a heuristic field with the power to hear