Week8 (manmade material)

Because this material is a little bit harder to experiment, therefore I chooses it as the material for the final work and make sure that I can   experiment more specifically.

polymorph is a common material used in model making. I found it is pretty easy to reshape again and again as many time as you want makes it as a big convenience .

in the first step as usual. I did several sketches of the possibility. The idea firstly comes from the righted earphone that I saw on my desk. Therefore I thought about how I felt annoying. Therefore I would like to create a jewelry design for hand look like the massive earphone. If you look at some thing for a whole day, you can starting to get in to it.

The process is quit easy while moulding. The first step is use the hot water to melt these material till the color changed to clear. Then use a tool to take it out and form the shape. During the process, I felt the polymorph was a bit like the clay which is easy to form but somehow dry so quickly therefore I need to control the time. When the color of this materials turns white and the property became hard, the form is successfully shaped.

I have made three final design with polymorph. After experiencing forming this materials to lines and make each lines and curves cross each other turns out to be a great outcome. I like the color of polymorph which is white looks so simple and pure, showing a contrast with the massive shapes.