Hello and welcome to my blog all about Arts, Crafts, Sewing, Fashion and Textiles! Through the use of this blog, I hope to show my creative explorations both through my University studies as well as competitions, shows and other fun bits a pieces I think I want to document!

Pattern cutting with a little helper

Firstly, thank you for visiting my blog! Its great to have a digital platform for Textile Art and Design, especially during the COVID pandemic which has made physical teaching redundant! Of course I am missing the studio and am wishing I had more photos of me working last year, but I am super excited to learn to work in new ways from home and to develop my Textile skills from a different perspective.

When I am not stitching (or unpicking mostly!) I am probably talking about netball or am playing netball (less of the latter recently due to COVID sadly). I currently play competitively, training twice a week and coaching too! I love my sports and am so grateful to be at such a great sporting university which also has such a great design school. The perfect combination! Textiles wise – I recently have enjoyed researching about natural dyeing, mordanting and botanical inks, which I intend to put into practice once I find the time! I would be keen to develop my design skills online using CAD, photoshop and illustrator.

So enjoy and in the meantime do go and checkout my instagram page for more creative bits and bobs!

@emilyrosetextile