Being aware, or not being aware: that is the question – Mental Health Awareness as a postgraduate student

Could mental health awareness be the key to a successful PhD application?  To answer this question, a good starting point could be sharing a little bit about myself. My name is Koraima, I am from Quito (Ecuador), and I am a first year PhD student in Clinical Psychology. My interests …

The Scottish Newen: A Short Story Of My Journey To Open My Soul.

This short story was written by Claudia in the context of a series of writing workshops, lead by Janis Mackay, a Scottish writer and storyteller. The learning process of the English language was one of the most challenging tasks for Claudia. Striving to enhance her writing skills, Claudia discovered the …

The Centre for Creative-Relational Inquiry (CCRI)

Our “Getting to know our research centres” series is back! Read all about The Centre for Creative-Relational Inquiry (CCRI) and how to get involved in the following interview with Jonathan Wyatt, one of the centre’s directors. Would you like to share with us the journey, mission and vision of this research centre?   The first …

Conducting Research the ‘Ethical’ Way- An overview of the ethics process

There are a lot of milestones in the PGR experience, all of which can be pretty intimidating on the first encounter. For me, one of those milestones was completing the ethics application forms.  As a self-confessed nerd, who actually enjoys filling out paperwork, even I was anxious after downloading a form that was …

Excited? So are we!

Research Bow was launched in 2019 as an initiative to make our postgraduate research community links stronger, by sharing and learning from each other’s experiences, insights and tips! Since then, we have experienced a steady growth with the help of our core editorial team members and lots of engaging contributors across the school, normalising the ups and downs …

Know who YOU are: A call for reflection

Research Bow provides an online space for the critical and civil exchange of ideas within atmosphere of mutual respect and sensitivity. Some blog posts* and other content on this site include topics that some readers may find offensive and/or emotionally triggering. Research Bow encourages readers and viewers alike to prepare …

“Impact”: Illusive and tempestuous

You can disagree without being disagreeable –Ruth Bader Ginsburg, U.S. Supreme Court Justice   I do not typically engage in ‘making friends’ because the motions have never been simple for me. Unfortunately, emotional maturation and professional development have not increased the frequency or success in my cultivating ‘friendships’. So, networking? …