Call for Papers
ICE 2023 will focus on how the future will be made and how the world will be impacted by developments in data-driven engineering, innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship under the title:
Shaping the future:
Data-driven Engineering, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
The conference will cover socio-technical issues in engineering, how these shape the design of products and services, and what innovation, technology, and entrepreneurial processes are involved. In line with Edinburgh’s strategic vision for data-driven innovation, key conference themes include:
- R&D, Innovation, Technology, and Entrepreneurship
- Public-Private Ventures and Digital Entrepreneurship
- Intrapreneurship Strategy and Processes
- Technology Foresight and Forecasting
- Service, Product, and Systems Design, Innovation, and Engineering
- Industry 4.0: Managing Digital Design and Manufacturing, Artificial Intelligence, Machine-learning, Big-data, and Concurrent/Distributed Computing
- Innovation in Engineering Management Education, Research, and Learning
- Human, Socio-Economic, Political and Cultural Dimensions of Emerging Technology, Including Responsible Research and Innovation and Ethical Governance
- Novel Business Models for Sustainability and Resilience
- Regional Economic Development, Specialisation and Competitiveness
We invite high-quality papers contributing to substantial, original, and previously unpublished research on the topics of the conference. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Theoretical research papers that provide new concepts in the domain of engineering, technology, and innovation;
- Empirical studies and qualitative case studies that develop new insights;
- System design and development papers that go beyond the pure description of systems and give insight into the theory and effectiveness of the approach.
- Verification and validation papers that evaluate the application of solutions.
For your paper to be eligible for acceptance, the author(s) need to add a very short paragraph at the end of the Discussion section of their paper, named “Match & Contribution.” It shall state clearly how, according to the author(s), their paper fits and contributes to the this conference Call-for-Papers (CfP) and how it fits and contributes to the Field of Interest (FoI) of the IEEE Technology & Engineering Management Society (TEMS). Author(s) should check the current TEMS FoI at https://www.ieee-tems.org/governance/ before submitting their paper to the conference.
Papers will undergo strict double-blind peer review with the following criteria:
- The quality of the contribution to the existing body of knowledge in engineering, technology, and innovation.
- The relevance of articles in regard to the conference topics.
- The scientific/innovation quality of the approach described in the article.
- The redaction quality and clarity.
- Submission Portal (ConfTool) Opens: 1st December 2022
- Full Paper Submission Date [EXTENDED]:
31st January2023 1st March 202331st March 2023
- Notification of Acceptance Date:
31st March 2023 15th April 202328th April 2023
- Final Paper Submission Date:
15th April 20231st June 2023
More information on paper submission guidelines
Download Call for Papers as a pdf: CfP-ICE23-updated