Please check out the call for participation for our Ubicomp 2023 Workshop – UbiFix: Tackling Repairability Challenges in Smart Devices.
IoT products are increasingly becoming the default, with non-IoT versions of common hardware (e.g., TVs and printers) harder to find. Alongside this adoption surge, lack of support, outdated security, and planned obsolescence present concerning sustainability issues, contribute to eWaste growth and widen digital divides globally. This workshop aims to present and discuss legal, social, technical, and design aspects of repair practices, engaging the Ubicomp community by exploring challenges and opportunities for more repairable IoT devices. Focusing on diverse repair scenarios, the workshop seeks to establish a concise, holistic, and inclusive agenda for this research domain’s future. Participants will map key research questions to support the movement towards more repairable technology.
- May 26, 2023: Submission deadline for Workshop papers
- June 30, 2023: Author Notification of Workshop papers
- July 31, 2023: Deadline for camera-ready version of workshop papers to include in the ACM DL
Accepted papers will be published in the ACM DL
- Maximum 3 pages excluding references
- Use UbiComp Submission Template
- Submit through PCS website
- Deadline for submissions 26th May 2023