New staff award for Equality and Diversity
The University’s College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (CAHSS) has launched its annual Colleague Recognition Awards for staff in the College. They include an award for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion award is given to an individual or group who makes an outstanding contribution to progressing equality, inclusion and diversity at the University. It recognises those who celebrate diversity and difference, and encourage others to do the same. It recognises those who challenge discrimination and unfairness by working to eliminate such inequity.
- Works to further a sense of safety, belonging and satisfaction for everyone in our community
- Builds respectful, authentic, and engaged relationships between colleagues and community members, especially across difference
- Advances inclusive and anti-discrimination policies and practice to increase clarity, promote fairness, challenge discrimination and enhance accountability
- Creates innovative programmes to engage historically marginalised groups of staff, students, alumni, or community members that champion diversity, inclusivity, and equality.
Full list of awards
- Inspiring Colleague
- Outstanding Team
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Leader of Innovation and Change
- Susan Manning Award for Inspiring Mentor
- Excellent Newcomer
- Community Impact
- Dean of Students Award for Contribution to Student Experience
- Head of College Award for Exceptional Service
Would you like to nominate a colleague?
Nomination deadline: 31 January 2020
For further information on how to nominate, please go to: https://www.ed.ac.uk/arts-humanities-soc-sci/about-us/recognition-awards
Comments are closed
Comments to this thread have been closed by the post author or by an administrator.