𝐒𝐩𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐭 𝟐

β–ͺ️Art assignmentβ€”object empathyΒ 

In this practice I relate to my relationship with my boyfriend, This is something that requires two people to work together. I used a catheter to express it. Tears are the only way we communicate directly, any art needs a bond as a bridge to connect. Professor Neil recommended an excellent Japanese work to me, (Kintsugi), its focus is not on repairing objects so that no damage can be seen, but on using gold powder to keep the cracks intact Down, become a track of memory.
β–ͺ️Wicked Art – I chose a one-minute sculpture, I tied a rope to an ice cube, then I took the ice cube to the ground outside, pulled it for 1 minute, and ended up with a half-melted ice cube.

β–ͺ️Workshop – We conducted reflections by participating in 3 different time-limited practices. The whole process is like a resource library, using limited materials to create. The professor showed us a work of art. The creator did not use a lot of materials. Most of the “garbage” collected on the ground or from unknown places made a very beautiful work of art.

πŸ”ΊThis brings me to our problem scenario, what can we do if only a few resources are given to us? How to maximize the use of resources to achieve their design goals?

This is very similar to the shared resource platform in art assignments, through the sharing website to watch and learn various creative works of art to inspire inspiration. Some maximized use of public platforms, such as: sharing the creative process, the final success, and failure process, reflection and revision, etc., all have a positive impact and can stimulate people’s imagination.

Then when there are few resources available, maybe I will think “how to maximize the use of online resources?” “Can this be a grounded learning method for me?” “How should the funds obtained be used? “There’s going to be a lot of questions coming in.
I try to review and reflect on my problems using the four steps of the Synthetic Reflection Cycle.

▫️Online resources – take the practice of art assignment as an example, for design practitioners to get new ideas from other people’s works of art, we can also get the support of technical software, but when resources are few, maybe we can use other Social media promotes and recommends, allowing more people to share works and reflections on the platform, and set up a space for people to communicate freely. New ideas collided in this way.

◽️How the funds are used – When we only get paid when we complete tasks, this becomes a big problem, and it is difficult to operate without funds. Then if you try to charge some fees to the scholars who use the toolkit, such as a small amount of download of individual software, and paid to view individual literature and courses, it can not only get funds in advance to operate but also meet the needs of learners.

▫️So is this a grounded way of learning for me? In my opinion, it will. Open resource sharing is also a future learning trend. Without such a platform, we cannot get the latest design dynamics and trends. But again this is not the same as an educational toolkit. Every industry has different needs for toolkits. The art industry focuses on ideas and practices. Sharing good works can inspire new inspiration. The basic content provided by the general education toolkit mostly plays an auxiliary role.

8 thoughts on “𝐒𝐩𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐭 𝟐

1. I think the blogger’s presentation of the practice is very good and has good implications for getting back to the problem scenario, but I think it could be analysed in more depth with your reflections on the activity and your understanding of open learning.

2. From Zhiqian Zhang’s portfolio, I found her concept would focus on practical significance of art assignments and OER, alongside pictures of her art assignments. She combined our groups’ work on the workshop day with the definition of toolkits, each tool or element made up our whole art assignments and which was a way of building a real OER. She supposed that we needed to notice the inner connection of things, and showed her own ideas about scenario problem, which agreed with OED, toolkits and art assignments would develop day by day.

3. Among Zhiqian Zhang’s article, I thought I learnt about her think of our Basho’s work style and development. She thought it was important to speak and listen in a group meeting, and she also promoted it during the meeting time. In her opinion, Make A Gold is a start for our Basho, it opened our minds to bring the news to our group. And I was appreciated with her share so that I could consider what was lack of my work during our Basho’s work.

4. Your distribution of this post is really clear, you have set up each section with headings, bolded and italicized fonts which is very clear. In the section on problem scenarios you have thought very much about them, I saw you analyse platforms for sharing resources, lack of resources, online resources and use of funds for thought and analysis, these are all parts I hadn’t thought about and the points you mentioned are very much worth thinking about. I think I will learn from you in my subsequent reflective assignments, both in terms of the layout of the posts and the content.

5. The author’s achievements in the Wicked Art task are very attractive to me. This is a very novel sculpture. I hope the author will continue to create more interesting works.

6. Ziqian Zhang’s art work is both artistic and easy to understand. I think this is the best way to interpret contemporary art. It comes from life and is higher than life. This way of producing art through life experience is worthwhile. Let everyone learn. At the same time, Ziqian Zhang can also think about how to use limited resources to create more value in the process of clay sculpture workshop, which is very eye-catching! It turns out she does a very good job!

7. I thought that both of your responses to the two art assignments you chose were inspired. The ice sculpture is fantastic and shows both your own creative capabilities and the quality of that particular assignment. It’s worth keeping this in mind – the second assignment led, quickly, to you making something good. Is this always going to be the case with this assignment (is it just very well designed) or is it down to who completes it (in this case, you)? Or perhaps a bit of both?

8. It’s good to see you reflect on open toolkits/resources towards the end of this post. Such resources have to be ‘made’ in the first place as you note. Once we have a shift in culture, and most resources are open, we enter into a different creative sphere, a commmons perhaps? Such an approach would generate lots of free resources. But we still need to learn how to use such free resources with economy. I think this is what you managed to achieve with the ice sculpture.