Feel free to contact us for open PhD and post-doc positions. We are happy to support candidates to apply for fellowships to work within our group [Fellowships by the EPSRC, Royal Academy of Engineering, Royal Society (e.g. Newton International Fellowships), The Wellcome Trust, the Leverhulme Trust, and the European Union (MSC actions)].
We are always looking for Postdoctoral Fellow candidates who have a PhD (or submitted), with a world-leading track record in the areas of control, AI, and computer vision.
To work in our group, you are expected to have the following background:
- Strong preparation in continuous mathematics: linear algebra, calculus, optimization in continuous spaces
- Strong preparation in statistics, machine learning: probability theory, modern statistical regression techniques
- Strong programming background and experience in MATLAB, Python, or C/C++ .
- Experience in ROS programming highly desirable.
Are you passionate about Robotics? Interested in a fully-funded PhD with us on topics such as Soft Robotics, Machine Learning, Control Theory, and Image Processing?
- We have several fully-funded PhD positions if you want to work with us — especially for the UK, UK funding eligible (EU students) through the exciting EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Robotics and Automation (RAS). In your application, mention that you would like to work with Dr. Khadem and discuss a project proposal with him before-hand.
- We are also looking for outstanding PhD applicants with matching research interests who are either self-funded or have procured funding from research councils. Outstanding PhD applicants may apply through the regular university channels and specify interest in working with us.
- Overseas students are encouraged to apply for ORS Support for their tuition fees.
- The University of Edinburgh offers 30 awards of the Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship.
- British Council offers many scholarships for students (esp. Commonwealth countries).
- We advertise project linked ESPRC/Research Council studentships as and when they are available.
- The EPSRC offers RA (postdoc) funding in several areas.