Week 9 – The Final Pre-Production Push

GRAD FILM

We started off this week by communicating with the production design team as to how far they had managed to get with sourcing duffel bags through our group chat, as they were on set and unable to have a meeting. Due to them only being able to find 2 for free I also used my mass group chats and other means to try and source some, along with the rest of the HOD’s to prevent us from having extra expenses.

Hana and I also began compiling a shopping list and ensured that all allergies were noted before sending these off to Rowan.

I then began on working through the call outs for each day on set. I began with a template of which I filled in the following:

– The production company – of which I set to Edinburgh College of Art address
– The AD, Producer and Runner’s names and numbers
– The meals provided
– The sunrise and sunset
– The weather for that day
– The menu
– The suspected start and end times on set with a warning of the possibility of running over
– The location for the day
– The crew call time with date and day out of 7
– Additional notes, including bring layers for outdoor shoots
– The Scene being shot and cast needed on set
– Cast call times
– Crew members call times

We also finally casted our Lucas, who was to be played by Fraser Dawtrey. From here I scheduled in and met with the actors to run lines and have them comfortable with Louis’ direction and blocking.

I then organised with Paul, the man who was allowing us to use his scrapyard for one of the shooting days, which days would be best for us to be on set for him and the logistics of timings so he could be there to let us in. I also secured one of the car’s after a final push with a man called Calum and spoke between Paul and him when would be best for Calum to drop the car at the scrapyard prior to the shoot. I also communicated with Calum how the pick up of his car by Maciej would pan out with timings and insurance completed.

I also was given a contact for the head office of the location that we wanted to use for the lock up so contacted them with information and from there agreed on a price of £150 to have someone overlooking us and letting us in and out after hours (scheduled for Thursday 21st night).