Week 7 – Meeting with the Team

GRAD FILM

This week we met with the crew for Us Not Them where we became more familiarised with everyone we would be working with on the shoot. We began by going round sharing what I role is, our name and our pronouns. I then gave everyone the run down on how the shoot week is going to go and what is to be expected from each person. I made it very clear that it is a safe space to ask if you don’t know, I certainly have had to being AD for one of the first times! I also took headshots of each of the crew members for the crew information sheet.

We also began sourcing our caterer, I pushed the message out to some mass group chat’s that I am a part of but ended up landing on Rowan, whom Hana sourced.

The HOD’s then went through the self tapes that we had received, annoyingly some people didn’t come back to us with them so I had to send a few follow ups to try and receive them. Many of the applicants on Starnow and Backstage were quite unreliable, I believe this to be due to mass applicating to jobs without actually understanding or reading what they entail. From here we sent call backs to people we liked in the form of a zoom for most and some that we were unsure of received a second self tape request. We also pushed our casting call further, including reposting the call out from the Us Not Them Instagram to our personal social media accounts.

Louis and I also had a meeting with our Production Designers Sylvia and Jocelyn where we highlighted what props were needed, supplied them with scripts and showed them the locations (and rough idea of non set in stone locations) for if they wished to do set dressing.

Below is the Prop list I provided them with:
– Pint glasses and coasters (speak with graphic designers over customisation)
– Cigarette materials – papers, tobacco, filters (have a think about which of these to add to the character (pall mall?))
– Bill for drinks (again speak with graphic designers)
– Cash/card to pay it?
– Duffel bags (black preferably)
– Shattered bottle (speak over how to complete with minimal risk to our actors and crew)
– THC oil (olive oil?)

Extras list:
– Hairdryer in case of beer spilling on costume

We also gave them some inspiration for the costumes – all to mull over before our next meeting.