This week was our shoot week for Hypervigilant, so this was my main focus for the week.

I was not present for the first few shoot days, as I wasn’t needed on set every day, and Roisin said she would let me know which days were best for content, and she sent me a little behind the scenes content from the days I wasn’t there. I was on set from Thursday to Saturday, and first I spoke to Sam, our 1st AD, as he had been doing some stills photography up until that point. He sent me some of the content he had taken to use for instagram posts, and then I started getting more content. My main job on set was to take photos and videos for behind the scenes footage. We had to check with the cast and crew that they were okay with their photos being used for content, however everyone agreed. I tried to get a range of content, from fun photos of cast and crew, to aesthetic shots of the camera with the shot in the background. I also made sure I was on hand to help with anything else around the set, such as prepping lunch or helping with set dressing. On the Saturday shoot, we had one scene where Tara, the main character, was on the phone to Cassie, Tara’s friend, and in order to get that shot, we had to have both actresses mic’ed up, on the phone, in seperate rooms. I was placed in the hallway in between the two rooms to commuincate messages from one room to another. I also tried to make a few tiktoks during the shoot in order to get a variety of content, however this proved to be difficult, as we were always busy sestting up for or going for a take, and I didn’t want to get in the way or interupt them. In the future, I would want to ask the 1st AD if it would be possible to schedule in time to get content such as tiktoks to make sure that there is time. On the Friday, Roisin asked me to upload an instagram post saying that we had started shooting. I picked out one of the behind the scenes photos that had been taken on the stills photography camera, and created a caption and posted it, and have attached it below. After the shoot was wrapped the cast and crew went out for drinks to celebrate. I have attached some photos from set below.

Week 7 / Ava Amrolia's Blog by is licensed under a