This autumn, Recycling a Hospital Team was joined by Ekaterina Shurkova. Ekaterina is a cognitive neuroscientist and coaching practitioner, and she will be leading the design and implementation of the ritual event held in spring 2024. Ekaterina sent us a short introduction of herself:

“As a cognitive neuroscientist, I am interested in how we connect with the world: how we learn, play, communicate, solve problems, and change our mind. My research interests lie in creative problem solving and seeing the world in terms of relations. The most intriguing topic for me is the role of symbols, metaphors, and an awareness of space around us in our growth and problem solving. I am interested in research on the mind and the brain, as well as in studies on animism, ritual, and ceremony. I currently work as a Teaching Fellow at the Department of Psychology and run a private coaching practice, Symbolic Space (https://symbolicspace.site). ”

Ekaterina’s presence in the team has already been so enriching, and we look forward to all the beautiful outcomes and insights this collaboration will bring!