image_pdfimage_print

Special Issue of the journal Atmosphere on Isotropic Turbulence.

It has been some time since I last posted, and the title of this post suggests the main reason, as being a Guest Editor has proved to be quite time consuming. Nevertheless, I have agreed to be Guest Editor because, although I think it is a rather ambitious project, I also believe that it is very timely.

The Special Issue has the subtitle Recent Advances and Current Challenges, and further details can be found at the link:

https://www.mdpi.com/journal/atmosphere/special_issues/FOH7AK5UB1

Our aim in this Special Issue is to publish papers which can help to identify the most recent advances and what the current challenges are. Hence, we are asking for submissions that have both a pedagogical and a review perspective.

At the moment, I am writing an Editorial to give an overview of the subject and to try to indicate some promising candidates for being regarded as significant advances. Equally, I hope to be able to suggest some topics which can be classified as current challenges.

We already have six promised contributions and two have been posted on the website as tentative titles; and I hope that many more will contribute to this worthy attempt to clear up some long-standing issues in the study of isotropic turbulence. The submission deadline is 29 February 2024. You may send your manuscript now or up until the deadline. Submitted papers should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere. The journal also encourages authors to send a short abstract or tentative title to the Editorial Office in advance (atmosphere@mdpi.com). Further details of how to submit to this Open Access journal may be found at the link for the special issue.

If anyone would like to discuss their ideas for a possible paper with me, I will be very happy to hear from them.