So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Just a quick note to say that my time in Edinburgh has come to an end. There are rumours of an honorary position, and two projects that I contribute to, so I will still be linked to UoE in some form, but my role has clearly changed. I will officially start at RWTH in Aachen (Germany) as a Professor for Applied Structural Geology on October 1st. There's a lot of exciting research and teaching already lining up, and there will be opportunities to work with me and my group in Aachen, so if you are interested, watch out for announcements on the geotectonics mailing list.

Last thing for me to do is to wish all who read this all the best. Thanks for your interest in my work. I hope that the labour disputes at UoE come to an end soon and that UoE leadership finally reward the many fantastic academics at this institutions with the respect they deserve, so that they can focus on delivering world-class teaching and research.