Find out what our undergraduate veterinary medicine students have to say about living and studying in Edinburgh.

Exams… yikes!

Exams… yikes!

Exam time has come, and it was a doozy, as all exam times usually are! It is a busy time filled with studying, frequent Netflix breaks, and many snacks. We do have a week off to study, so that means that it is a lot easier to make the excuse to take breaks and be less stressed. This time around I regularly rewarded myself with episodes of the Office, however not enough exercise and outside time. It was easy to convince myself to not leave the house, because it gets dark so early here, but that is something that I would definitely like to improve on. Although, attempts were made at stress busters, such as study parties and take-out study sessions, more outside time is definitely necessary next time around! Studying for the exams involved a variety of different tactics, including many hours spent with whiteboards, fact sheets, and frequent quizzing. All of the hard work is worth it, because at the end of it all, most have that added benefit of travelling home for the break.

But, all of that is over now and I am at home with my friends and family for the Christmas break. It was certainly a rush to get all of the shopping done before the big day, but Amazon Prime was my best friend. Now being home is like I never left, everything just falls back into place the way it was when I left five months ago. Exams seem like a distant memory, quality time with friends and family in familiar places take its place. There is still much to do, including Christmas wrapping, catching up, and a sprinkle of studying and thinking of school.

If you’re reading this during the holidays, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Sarah