Week 3

Interdisciplinary Futures

In Interdisciplinary Futures, we have done some group work and gotten to know people from other disciplines. Through the work in this module, especially in the group tasks, I have learned more about how to use Miro and how to collaborate on various systems (e.g. Miro, Microsoft Teams). I have also reflected a lot in the process of making my intellectual autobiography which was also quite enjoyable to do, as we had the chance to creatively express our academic interests, history, and professional experience. So far, there have been lots of benefits to this course such as meeting new people, working across and learning about other’s disciplines, working to our various strengths in group tasks, and practicing presentation skills. Integrally, doing this course has highlighted to me the importance of working in an interdisciplinary way and the ways in which breaking down these borders is the only effective way for us to tackle challenges (including big world issues such as climate change) in a united, unified way and therefore solve them, rather than struggling separately. Therefore, this has made me think about how this applies in my futures project, and crucially, I think I would like to work in an interdisciplinary way, combining aspects of different disciplines in both my content and my form, instead of limiting myself to certain boundaries. This way, I can also show the different skills I have developed over the year