Location: fire station
Time: 19-20/4
Installation: 1: As the artist’s wedding dress installation was in London, their Easter holiday did not coincide with ours, and I was very nervous as I was waiting for her train to arrive less than four hours before the opening.
2: As the fire station was old, we couldn’t hang the wedding dress directly from the ceiling, and I thought it would compromise the effect of our exhibition.
Question 3: Initially, my idea was to play the video on an old TV set because I was showing a different content than the modern videos of other students. I am historically ordained and especially needed period equipment, and although I worked hard to borrow it from eca, however due to poor contact I eventually switched back to a large screen. Some regrets, but at least the video played properly.
During the exhibition: Since I was the only one who had an exhibition at the fire station on the 21st, and my project performance art was carried out outdoors that day. So there was no one on duty at the fire station that day, which made it very unsafe for the work, and this was a dereliction of duty on the part of the entire group of us who were there.
Withdrawal: The withdrawal session was obviously much easier than the set-up, only to forget the time to return the equipment eventually led to a bit of a rush.
As well as not having the time to get an extra copy of the booklet to remember, although I did make the poster.