Borui Zhang suggested the concept of ‘artistic affirmation’ take part in my vision, and value of individual projects. The writing of ‘art is equal to everyone’, this artistic affirming ethics is considered as “an assemblage frame reflecting the close link between ontology and ethics is an ethos, ‘a style or way of living rather than merely a set of necessary rules that guide our existence. It must be, moreover, an ethos that enables new ways of thinking, feeling, and existing’.” ((Gilson,2014) Healy&Mulcahy, 2021) According to the explanation of the reading, obviously, art is gradually not only concerned with the educational level of people but also non-artists as well as assembling an affirming ethics for them is becoming necessary for the future.

Borui Zhang asked the question about what is the connection between my project and the ‘Drinkable book’. The link between its common book form what I made at the workshop event, and how to approach the multi-sensory skill, and methodology of making book form, it is an inspiration for me to improve my project to reflect on the ‘Drinkable book’.

References:

Healy, S., & Mulcahy, D. (2021). Pedagogic affect: Assembling an affirming ethics. Pedagogy, Culture & Society, 29(4), 555-572.