Week 3 & Week 4 Open Learning

For the OER course I was given the task of C – UNESCO and I found some information about UNESCO and then how to make the course more international. Firstly, I think that if you want to make the course more open and international, you can post links to these courses on social media platforms and use networking to connect students from all over the world who want to participate in the course. I would recommend social media platforms such as Pinterest, Behance or Insagram, which are very well known and have a lot of artists and art students, so you can promote the course better. Secondly, I would suggest that although the course is Drawn from the City ARTX08058, which is about the city of Edinburgh, to make it more international, you could allow students who take the online course to create their own work on the theme of their hometown and post it on social media, with feedback and suggestions from the teacher and free comments from other students. This would not only enrich the content, but also give students a taste of different cultures and in a way promote tourism and exchange between countries.

After visiting the workshop, I learnt that it is an organisation that supports production, research and learning, but also provides a platform for artists to share their work with an audience. Not only does it provide a venue for artists to craft their work, but it also attracts a wide range of people from different backgrounds to engage with art and unleash creativity. After visiting and experiencing a few small tasks, the one I was most impressed with was the use of wood to do some work. Because I used to love making installations, but I didn’t try it many times because of the space, but this place is different, it really appeals to me, with all the equipment and the wide space, it really attracts me to want to make something I like and focus on Making.

What I think has gone well in the last two weeks is the Art Assignment, which I found most interesting. I chose Sarah Ulrist Green’s project and based on the information on the website I chose the theme Constructed Landscape, which I was interested in, to work on. In fact, there are other assignments on the website that I found very interesting, such as Make It Break It and Photo Your Friend, which are some of the clever ideas that you can find in life. I think the assignment went very well. Then there was the OER, where we discussed how to make the course more open and international, we brainstormed and discussed everyone’s ideas and I was able to understand every different opinion, which was a very interesting process. Finally there was the workshop, which was a new experience for me. I hadn’t known about art-making workshops like this before, let alone visited and experienced them, and it was a wonderful experience to be there listening to the presentations and doing the crafts. So those are the three things that I feel are going really well.
The biggest challenge for me this week would have to be task C in the OER. At first, as I wasn’t able to open the UNESCO website smoothly, I then enlisted Jake’s help. In fact, there was so much information and news about them that I felt very short of time in the class to quickly browse and prepare my presentation to my peers. I overcame this difficulty by quickly skimming through the information and then targeting keywords and then reading in detail, which really helped me.

7 replies to “Week 3 & Week 4 Open Learning”

1. www.fooddoz.com says:

Great updates. Thanks!

2. s2248556 says:

The blogger reflects on his own practice, and also writes in detail about the analysis and understanding of OER, as well as how to solve the difficulties encountered in the practice process. I think this is a very good article.

3. s2430290 says:

I like borui’s art assignment, Her interpretation of her work and her ideas on the materials are valuable references and interesting.

4. s2413068 says:

I want to say Well done on your interesting portfolio assignment for this module. Your blog describes what you did during this open learning activity, and your blog posts move beyond description, including critical reflection and analysis on the challenge for the task in the OER.

5. s2449532 says:

The author shows the process of her cognitive thinking on the OER platform and reflects very well on it. Knowing her points of interest and deficiencies, I believe she will do better in the future, cheers!

6. wjake says:

Borui Zhang, this another detailed but to the point post which exemplifies the level of reflective thinking you have undertaken in relation to your experiences on during the sprint. It seems you’ve developed some useful insights and skills throughout the process that are helping you identify specific areas of research focus for yourself and how this intersects with the course material.

To echo my previous posts, try to work on bringing the academic material you’ve been engaging with into conversation with your own experiential knowledge from the course. This will bolster the robustness of your arguments and general assertions.

css.php

To report inappropriate content on this page, please use the form below. Upon receiving your report, we will be in touch as per the Take Down Policy of the service.

Please note that personal data collected through this form is used and stored for the purposes of processing this report and communication with you.

If you are unable to report a concern about content via this form please contact the Service Owner.

Please enter an email address you wish to be contacted on. Please describe the unacceptable content in sufficient detail to allow us to locate it, and why you consider it to be unacceptable.
By submitting this report, you accept that it is accurate and that fraudulent or nuisance complaints may result in action by the University.