Project 1: Changes and new ideas

Based on the feedback and the exchange of ideas during the last session, where one classmate told me about the possibility of seek where else I could find disposal bags, I decided to research along the city if I could find more of this objects. I found that there are a few of these bags in University´s toilets.
Also, on the internet I found many more bags for sale. In the collage above can be observe that in almost all bags the pattern of drawings associated with a delicate femininity is repeated.

After this new research I decided to focus my project in the bags themselves making an intervention where I will take the bags out of their private place, the women`s bathroom, to show them on the city.  Thus, an object from the private world enters the public arena challenging the ordinary citizen.
I found inspiration for the intervention in the art work of a chilean poet and artist, Nicanor Parra (1914-2018), who made (anti) installations with found objects and words:
(Source: http://www.memoriachilena.gob.cl/archivos2/pdfs/MC0013511.pdf)
Practical work collection (1996-2002)
Image 1: Message in a bottle
Image 2: I`ll be back soon
Also, I found inspiration in the following australian marketing campaign (2010), where a billboard was intentionally vandalized adding hair and changing the text over a perfume advertising, transforming it into something different:
(Source:https://www.adsoftheworld.com/media/outdoor/chill_les_man_adshel)

Regarding to the intervention, I made some tests on the bags in order to literally make the purpose of the bags explicit, through the intervention of the image of the Victorian lady, and to speak openly about menstruation, with messages inside and outside the bags:
Work in Progress
This week I want to experiment with different kinds of paints, improve the writing and the messages inside the bags and seek where in the city put the installation.